This is exactly what is on offer from a new Web 2.o tool I came across yesterday through one of the people I follow on Twitter. They had shared a link to The Next Web blog about Present.Me.
Present.Me allows you to take your slide presentation or document and add then add your presentation to it. There’s a short and concise 1 minute tour that explains it simply and clearly.
I can see a wide variety of uses:
- Explaining how to use a new tool
- Recording tutorials for students
- Practicing presentations for Conference. This would allow you to critically evaluate your style of delivery
- Sharing your presentation after the Conference
- Students presenting a combination of power-points and persuasive or explanatory speeches
I can also see potential in using Pesent.Me for ways of delivering professional development within our schools, regions or even nationally and internationally.
There is a free trial package but if schools decided it was a useful teaching tool, it could be worthwhile exploring purchasing one of their packages. It’s relatively cost effective so individuals may choose to have their own package.